Thursday, February 6, 2014

Glossy Box January - Back To Basics

This was my first time receiving a Glossy box from Glossy Box UK I was so excited to get this as I had heard so much about it and love getting new products to try out.
Unfortunately when it first came in the post I wasn’t even at home and wouldn’t be for the week so I was sitting in Dublin waiting till the time came that I got to go home and see what sorts of wonders I would find in this box. When I first signed up to the website I filled out my subscription and was asked a few questions about my skin type and the sort of products I enjoy using.
I thought this was great because when I first decided to sign up I was worried about products arriving that I wouldn’t be able to try out. But I quickly got over this as I decided any products I wouldn’t be able to use I would keep and put into a little hamper to give away anyway.




The packaging for the box was beautiful and I almost felt guilty for opening it. But soon after found out there was a lovely shiny pink box that was filled with the goodies. This will also make a great little storage box to keep my make-up and hair things organized. And I’ll be receiving them monthly so keep order among my things will be easy! J

When I finally got to open my glossy box I found a range of skin care products.
This month’s glossy box was called ‘Back to Basics.’
As it was the start of a new year I thought it was a great idea to send out a bunch of skincare products especially in this awful weather we’re having. Your skin needs as much protection as it can get.

This first thing I noticed in the box was the Anatomicals Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer - Under Eye Patches. First of all I love this name! And the description on the back is just priceless.



“You know the blood curdling screams you hear in horror films when vampires sink their teeth into the white fleshed necks of virginal nieces of 18th century noblemen? Well, they’re the same blood curdling screams that can be heard when young ladies (as this is the 21st century, let’s skip the virginal bit) who have bitten off more than they can chew party wise, stare I the mirror at their ale, drawn complexions and baggy, tired eyes. If you’re one such young lady and have always wished there was a product to make you look less (un)dead, then these collagen under eye patches are the Count’s (as in Dracula) cojones.
We Only Want You For Your Body”
                                                                                                                                    
As I am a full time student and also work while trying to get assignments done, I am all too familiar with the under eye darkness that can haunt you. I gave these babies a try the next day after getting them.
They were to be left on for 30minutes and while I was waiting to take them off I had my mam and dad giving me funny looks while walking around the house.
I had to explain to them it was all in the name of beauty!
I didn’t expect to see much of a change in my under-eye baggage when taking them off but I have to say when I did take them off I definitely did see a difference from before I put them on. Even if it was not fully gone I definitely saw a difference in my eyes and my skin felt much fresher.

The next thing I found in the box was Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream from Japan. There was two little sample size tubes in the box. This cream is said to be enriched with vitamin E, vitamin B2, camphor and a uniquely high glycerine content.


As I have been having a bit of trouble with my skin lately I was happy to try out a new moisturizer on my face to see how it works out.
When I first applied it I felt like it was a bit greasy but after rubbing it in for a few seconds it felt nice and smooth on my skin. The smell is amazing! It just seems to give off that healthy odour that products can give off sometimes.
So far I have been using it for about 3-4 days and my skin has stayed nicely moisturized even with the make up on. (I often find foundation dries out my skin a bit because I have such sensitive skin)

Another thing I got was Vaseline Essential Moisture Lotion. I haven’t used this much but the couple of times I have there is a couple of things I noticed.


1.      The smell is lovely and fresh.
2.      It’s not greasy at all and once it’s put on the skin it blends right in.
3.      My skin didn’t seem to be as affected by the horrible weather outside when I was wearing it.
4.      This is definitely something I think I will be buying once I know where I can get it. :P

I also got Balance Me – Super Toning Body Wash. I have yet to use this and am a bit apprehensive about it because body washes in general don’t seem to agree with my skin, even one’s like this which are 99-100% natural.


The description has informed me that it is a blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender oils for a great morning boost.
I will be trying this product and if it doesn’t work out I will be putting aside any more body washes I get.

Last but certainly not least I got some new Floral Slanted Tweezers by The Vintage Cosmetic Company. I have to say I absolutely love these! Who doesn’t like getting a new fresh air of tweezers! And I absolutely love the design on these.



Well there we have it guys. My ‘quick’ review of my January Glossy Box! So far I am delighted with my subscription and can’t wait for this month’s. I already got an email about it saying it’s gonna be valentines themed so expecting a few reds and pinks!
To anyone thinking about signing up I’d say go for it! I signed up for a monthly subscription but there are fixed terms you can sign up for instead.
Hope you enjoyed the read!
Stay Beautiful
<3

~AlwaysTimeForTea

No comments:

Post a Comment