Thursday, February 20, 2014

BOBBlogChallenge Week 3 - Make Up Must Haves

For this week of the #BOBBlogChallenge, we were given the title Make-Up Must Haves. I have so many of these that I couldn’t possibly write about all of them so I chose 4 that I would consider my main must haves anyway.

First thing I think every woman should have is make-up brushes. I mainly use Real-Technique Brushes which I have to say are excellent. 


The reason I say this is because using your hands to put on your make up can help the spread of bacteria and can cause skin problems. Using brushes can help reduce the amount you need to touch your face which can help keep your skin clean and fresh. As long as you keep your make up brushes clean as well of course.
Other than putting my moisturizer on my face, I don’t touch my face at al when applying my make-up. I have found the real technique brushes are brilliant as when I first got them, I didn’t know much about what each brush was for. I learned a lot from friends just showing me but also from youtube as Real Technique also have a youtube page you can click onto to learn about each brush and other handy tricks for applying your make-up.
You can see their Youtube HERE

My next makeup must have is Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. 


This is a new foundation I have been trying out the last few weeks and have found it to be a great product for my face. I have had a bit of a problem lately because of spots on my chin and this foundation has provided a great cover for these while helping my skin to look natural. Another thing I love about this foundation is that you need so little of it to cover your face as well. I have often put out a blob of it on the back of my hand and found it to be too much, thankfully recently I have gotten more used to it and know how much to put out so I don’t waste any. J This is great though because you really get your money’s worth.

Concealer is such a useful product and recently I have been using the 
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil. 


When I first bought this and brought it home, I was happy with it but quickly realised it didn’t fit into any of my pencil toppers at home. So I went back into the shop the next day and bought an Urban Decay Pencil Topper. Even though I was a bit disappointed by this I quickly got over it as the concealer is brilliant and the pencil topper will last me a long time and is handy to have for just make up products. This concealer pencil provides great cover and I know I will buy this again when the one I have runs out. Absolutely love it.

Last but certainly not least I have chosen Mac Lipstick, as my final make-up must have. 


I don’t think I really even need to explain this one….the mac products are just fantastic. I have 2 of their lipsticks, one a nice neutrally pink and then a nice bright red shade. Since I have gotten these I haven’t used any other lipstick. I just want to get more mac. The lipstick lasts for hours and doesn’t need much topping up during the day. Even for me, because I am a smoker, I do need to top it up a little bit but it would be more something I notice needs to be done and others don’t. I recommend these lipsticks for anyone really. Go into mac and choose a shade you like and try it out. You won’t be disappointed J

And that’s it for this week’s #BOBBlogChallenge! I hope you enjoyed ready and I shall be back with another post next week!
Stay Beautiful


~AlwaysTimeForTea

10 comments:

  1. Real Techniques brushes are amazing, I wish I'd featured them in my post as they really are a must have! I've recently just bought the stay matte foundation too and I really like it so far, the coverage is great! x

    CatherineSarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i love the stay matte foundation! i just bought it on a whim one day to try out and found it brilliant! also yeah the RT brushes are fantastic! I won my set in a raffle and before then i wouldnt have a clue about make-up bushes! :P

      Delete
  2. I love RT brushes, they're amazing! Also a pencil concealer? I've never seen such a thing, interesting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i had never seen it before either! that's one reason why i bought it! found it really good and so handy to carry around in your bag :)

      Delete
  3. I'm also in love with the Real Techniques brushes. The expert face brush is next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at that too actually! :O it looks great! so far im just using the setting brush from my set to blend my liquid foundation.

      Delete
  4. Nice blog:) I also love urban decay concealer! Take a look at my blog I'm new :) @justanotherwarpaintjunkie@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Love your blog name! :D And the Maybelline gloss looks great actually! just checked it out there! I really like your blog! i cant write about fashion at all XD i know my own style but have no idea how to talk or write about it XD so i commend you on that! <3

      Delete
  5. Every everyone needs a MAC lippy! They rock! I like the look of the Stay Matte foundation... Will def check that out... Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! mac are fantastic :) i just picked up the stay matt foundation randomly in town and was delighted with it! :D definitely would recommend it!

    ReplyDelete